I couldn't point this woman out in a line up, but I remember exactly how this day went down. Here I am, minding my own business while shopping at Marshalls. This woman walks up to me and says " I want you to know that I have been praying for you. No man, no husband, no sex, no kids, just me and jesus. One day you're gonna wake up, and all of that weight will have melted away." I was raised to always respect me elders. When elderly individuals feel the need to tell me their unwanted opinions, and how to parent my kids, I typically thank them (insincerely), and keep it moving. On this day, I was hot, tired, and not looking forward to the holiday line at the store. So it's not my proudest moment, but I told the woman that she needed the prayer because I have a man, husband, sex, and kids. I then walked away in annoyance. Like, what the hell?
Here's my thing. Just because we physically stand out from the rest, doesn't give ANYONE the right to tell us what they think is best for us. We all have our vices, trials and tribulations, sins, or whatever. A heroin addict can walk by you, and you may not even know what's going on in their life. Here comes a fat person, and then everyone thinks they know exactly what's going on. Shut the fu** up skinny bit**es. Let me live my life, make my mistakes, and learn from them. If you ain't my momma, my man, or in my friends circle, keep it movin'!
This post is short, sweet, and effective. I hope you all learned something.
No comments:
Post a Comment